Page 2+ of Blog Gives 404

Page 2+ of Blog Gives 404

Postby toddswardenski » Mon 7. Oct 2013, 16:22

I get a 404 error on my static site when accessing /blog/page/2 and on.

Is this a bug in the plugin, or is my configuration of the plugin incorrect somewhere in the settings? I've been looking everywhere to try and fix the issue and I'm not finding anything.
toddswardenski

Re: Page 2+ of Blog Gives 404

Postby Erik Sefkow » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 15:52

Hi,
please goto the debug tab and send me your debugdata so i can see if you set your settings correct
Erik Sefkow
Administrator

Postby toddswardenski » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 20:39

Just sent you the debug data.

In "Settings > Reading" I have my posts page set to "Blog" which is a sub page of "Explore."

The path for that page is "/explore/blog/" .. however when the "Previous Posts" link is clicked "/explore/blog/page/2" does not exist. I checked the file directories and I can't seem to find a second blog page anywhere in the static .html files.
toddswardenski

Postby toddswardenski » Tue 8. Oct 2013, 22:34

However, I just switched "Settings > Reading > Front page displays" option to "Latest Posts" and the pagination works just fine. It seems to only be an issue when I the option is set to "static page" and I've selected a page for the home page and a page for the posts page.

I've tried sifting through the plugin PHP files, but I'm not fluent in German so it's made debugging rather difficult.
toddswardenski

Postby toddswardenski » Fri 11. Oct 2013, 00:28

I'm under a decent amount of pressure to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Does this plugin allow for a "posts page" and a "static home page" as listed in the WordPress Reading settings? Or is that exceeding this plugins capabilities?

I just need to know what the plugin's capabilities are and if it's the right fit for the site I'm working on.

Thanks for your help and time,
Todd
toddswardenski

Return to questions