Does not seem to create a static page foe the home page

Does not seem to create a static page foe the home page

Postby lghtanddrk » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 13:56

Hi Erik,

I have the static pages being saved in public_html because the sites URLs looked cleaner and because I was having some issues with custom URLs showing page not found if it was not configured for the public_html directory.

Everything works great and loads times are incredible except for the home page. It looks like a static page does not get created for the home page if you configure it for public_html. Am I correct?

The reason why I believe this aside from the load time is that when logged into WordPress as an admin and click Visit Site I can edit the page whereas if I go to any other page I can't see the admin toolbar to edit since the static version of the page is being served up.

How do I configure the plugin so that the home page gets automatically served up as a static page? Keep in mind that I want to keep the configuration so that static pages are saved in the main public_html folder.

Thanks.
lghtanddrk

Re: Does not seem to create a static page foe the home page

Postby Erik Sefkow » Fri 12. Apr 2013, 14:03

Hi,
if i understand you right, you put the really-static destination folder into the wordpress main folder?
If you use the debung-function of really-static, i can check your configuration.

sincerely
Erik
Erik Sefkow
Administrator

Return to questions